Star Dunes Trip March 2018
Online registration for the upcoming Star Dunes trip is now open. Please read the following to ensure you comply with ORAC requirements before completing the registration form below.
- Only online registrations will be accepted.
- All ORAC sand trips require that you have completed both theory and practical courses - you cannot register if you have not completed these.
- The Star Dunes trip is arduous and ORAC requires that all drivers have successfully completed a Wahiba Challenge as a driver.
- The trip is limited to either SWB or MWB vehicles. You cannot register an LWB vehicle on this trip.
- Due to limited committee resources registration will only be accepted from the first 12 applicants, RAHRC members will be given priority.
- Please only register as the driver of a vehicle, a non driving passenger (1) over 16 years in age is welcome, no registration required.
- Its a long drive to the start point near the UAE border and you will be required to leave Muscat early afternoon on Thursday 1st March, you will camp for 2 nights and return to Muscat late on 3rd March.
- you must be self sufficient and equipped as instructed during sand driver training.
- if you intend to drive in a group with friends, please choose a team name when registering and ensure all drivers use this name. Otherwise teams will be allocated based on vehicle type.